Towards the middle of the eighteenth century, Botiguéry (as the Domain was then known), was part of the Fiefdom of Bodinio, in Clohars-Fouesnant. Through ties of marriage, it had come to be owned mutually by the powerful Marquis of Bordage, the Marquis of Cheffontaine and the spouse of Marshall Françoise de Coigny, whose grandson ceded it on the 5th of October 1770 to Sir Tanguy Yvonnet du Run.
In 1819 the Domain was put up for voluntary auction as part of the inheritance of Marie Suzanne Yvonnet du Run, widow of Sir Le Breton de Ville-Blanche. Guillaume Le Berre, miller of the diocesan mill in Quimper, acquired the property and became its new owner. The manor of Botiguéry was, at the time, in good condition. Neighbour to a small hamlet, it was oriented to the south-east and was situated between a fountain and the chapel of Notre-Dame-du-Vray-Secours.
The frontispiece, or main façade, was adorned with pilasters and carved cornices and was flanked by two symmetrical wings. The 27-metre-long structure was a typical example of the « Malouinières », the impressive mansions dotting Brittany’s Emerald Coast. A courtyard and terrace lay in front of the manor, while behind it were a walled orchard, gardens, a hornbeam-lined walk, and attractive wooded pathways leading to outbuildings surrounded by low walls.
After his death, the conflict between the miller’s two daughters, both bakers in Quimper (one in the rue Kéréon and the other in the rue Royale), led to a second voluntary auction of the property in 1841.
On June 16th, 1841, just before the extinction of the third flame of the candle auction, Charles Fidèle de Kerret and his wife, Félicie Le Feuvre de la Faluère, owners of the Domain of Lanniron since 1833, acquired Botiguery.
The manor, which had been abandoned for 22 years, was in terrible condition. Charles Fidèle did not see the point in restoring it, finding his closer property of Lanniron to be a more comfortable residence.
However, plans for a new, more modern castle and farmyard were drawn up.
The brothers Denis and Eugène Bühler, renowned landscape architects, were called in to lay out the walkways, perspectives and points of access of the future park. In 1867, the plans were completed and construction began, making use of the red bricks produced in the Domain.
The ground floor was reserved for vehicles, horses and the driver while the first floor, with its understated décor, was intended for the proprietors. On February 8th, 1972, Charles Fidèle and his wife made a living donation of their possessions to their children.
It was their son Carl who received Boutiguery. Born in Lanniron in 1842, he completed his studies at Saint-François-Xavier before going to work at the Ottoman Bank in Turkey in 1864. There, he reconnected with his friend the Marquis de Ploeuc, who was then bank director in Constantinople. Unfortunately, after contracting a serious case of typhoid fever, he had to leave Turkey and return to work in Paris. When war with Prussia broke out in 1870, he was named lieutenant of the Finistère battalion,
and participated in the rescue of the National Defence Government in France’s beseiged capital. After the war, despite owning the wine-producing estate of Echeneau near Vouvray in Touraine, he settled in Gouesnac’h. He became an active philanthropist and founded, for example, the Ecole des Soeurs. In this, he exemplified the Kerret family motto: « Teven hag ober »: keep quiet and achieve. He also began to beautify Boutiguery, which certainly owes its first rhododendrons to his efforts. He died at Echeneau on August 21st, 1887, but was interred in the Chapel of Vray-Secours at Boutiguery. Having died without possessing great wealth, he bequeathed the domain to his sister, Hermine.